Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blogpost#3


Blog post #3


If the day comes
Sim Hun
If the day comes, if the day comes,
The mountain will dance lively.
And the river will boil up
If the day comes when I'm alive,
I'll peal the bell with my head with crows at night
I’ll happily die although my skull breaks into fragments, I will not have any resentment

If the day comes, oh if the day comes,
I'll weep, leap and roll over at the road
And my heart will burst with over flow of glee,
I'll peel my skin with a keen knife, and make a drum. I'll lead you and march with it.
If I heard that sonorous sound once,
I'll die peacefully.

'If the day comes' is a poem and it's written by Sim Hun. He wrote it when Korea was controlled by Japan and made as colony. At that time Japan soldiers tortured Korean people if Koreans did not follow what they wanted. Many Korean were patriots and they had lots of patriotism. So many people were participated in the independence movement because Koreans really wanted to protect the country and to be independent. So many poets who are patriots lived at that time wrote many poems that are something like "If the day comes." So like the people that had patriotism to the country, we have to have patriotism like them and need to not afraid anything when we protect the country.

No comments: